7 Essential Tips for Maintaining Your Car During UAE’s Sweltering Summers
“Loyalty is an expensive gift,” and your car is no exception to this rule. Just like any other possession, cars require proper care and maintenance to ensure they withstand the scorching summer heat of the UAE. Neglecting your car’s well-being in such extreme conditions can lead to unnecessary frustrations and expenses. In this article, we will explore seven essential tips to help you keep your car in top shape during the blazing summers of the UAE.
1. Monitor Your Tires: The relentless UAE climate can take a toll on your car’s tires. The intense heat causes the air inside the tires to expand, potentially leading to over-inflation. To combat this issue, consider filling your tires with nitrogen instead of regular air. Nitrogen remains stable even in rising temperatures, extending the lifespan of your tires. Regularly check the tire pressure to avoid mishaps on the hot UAE roads.
2. Top-Up Coolant Fluids: Maintaining your car’s cooling system is crucial during the UAE summer. Keep a close eye on your car’s water and coolant levels, ensuring adequate lubrication for the engine. Make it a habit to refill the refrigerant and lubricating oil for the AC compressor, even if it’s not part of your regular service schedule. AC units can lose up to 10 percent of their refrigerant annually, so periodic checks are wise.
3. Radiator Care: Radiators are a common cause of car breakdowns in the UAE. The engine generates considerable heat, and a well-functioning radiator is essential to keep it cool. Regularly inspect the coolant level in the radiator to prevent overheating. Renew the coolant as needed, preferably on an annual basis. Check the coolant level monthly and ensure that the radiator doesn’t get clogged, or hinder airflow. Tighten the radiator cap securely and monitor the thermostat.
4. Heat Exchanger Materials: In recent years, aluminum radiators with plastic tanks have become more popular due to their superior heat-dissipating capabilities compared to traditional copper-brass radiators. If you own an older car with copper-brass radiators, be aware that their age might affect performance. Newer cars typically come equipped with aluminum radiators, which are better suited for the extreme UAE heat.
5. Battery Health: Start the summer season by having your car battery tested. High temperatures can significantly shorten a battery’s lifespan, even if you haven’t noticed any warning signs of a dying battery. Regular battery maintenance can prevent breakdowns on sweltering highways.
6. Shade Parking: Whenever possible, avoid parking your car in direct sunlight. The intense heat can cause paint to fade, interiors to discolor, and dashboard or armrest cracks. If finding shade is a challenge, consider investing in a car cover or a sunshade to protect your vehicle from the harsh sun.
7. Regular Maintenance Checks: Lastly, establish a routine for regular car maintenance. Scheduled service visits can help identify potential issues before they become major problems, ensuring your car remains reliable throughout the scorching UAE summer.
In conclusion, taking proactive steps to maintain your car during the UAE summer can significantly extend its lifespan and prevent costly breakdowns. Remember that a well-cared-for vehicle will reward you with years of trouble-free driving in this challenging climate.