TRAFFIC OFFENSES IN THE UAE
There have been many accidents in the past years and even now. Countries have researched and UAE has found some sources. It’s not a joke; hundreds of people die every year, whether it is an accident or a disease. The United Arab Emirates has been conducting some research and the results are that most of the accidents occur due to careless driving. To know what these traffic offenses are, keep reading!
Speeding on the road, driving carelessly, not maintaining much distance between your vehicle, not paying enough attention to your driving or using your cell phone which is quite common nowadays are some common reasons for deaths, although there can be more reasons, these are ranked the highest.
Believe it or not 50% of the accidents occur due to the usage of mobile phones and not fastening seat belts!
Despite being warned, these actions are still being repeated and are causing more chaos. Even though the numbers of deaths have decreased, comparing the first half of 2016 to the first half of 2017. The behavior of reckless drivers is still a concern for some traffic authorities.
The reason of fewer accidents may be the new law which states that:
- If found tailgating, a fine of AED 400 along with 4 black points
- If found being distracted while driving, a fine of AED 800 with 4 black points as well.
- If found changing lanes suddenly (without signal), a fine of AED 1,000 with 4 black points.
- If found endangering any lives then an immense amount of fine of AED 2,000, 23 black points and confiscation of the car for 90 days.
There are also some roads and streets which are often known as dangerous, they have probably earned this title due to their width and the number of accidents which have occurred in the past. The following roads are:
- Emirates Road
- Sheikh Zayed Road
- Sheikh Muhammad Bin Zayed Road
- Dubai Al-Ain road
- Al- Khail Road
Read Also: NEW DRIVING AND ISSUANCE RULES IN THE UAE
The following are ranked from the most to least accidents occurring on the roads^.
Here is a record of all the losses (year 2016 and 2017):
- Deaths in the first half of2017: 75
- Deaths in the first half of 2016: 112
- Injuries in the first half of 2016 and 2017:
- Serious injuries in 2016:78
- Serious injuries in 2017:77
- Moderate injuries in 2016:388
- Moderate injuries in 2017:343
- Minor injuries in 2016:590
- Minor injuries in 2017:570
To avoid these misfortunes and losses of precious lives, start slow, remain calm and concentrate. What if someone you know is a victim of this behavior (god forbid)? We don’t want that to happen, do we? Our phones can wait, if you do get an urgent call try setting headsets so you can immediately pick up the call with ease and without any distractions. Help make this world a better place and save lives!