How to Pay Traffic Fines in Dubai
Located in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is an ultramodern, cosmopolitan city with a vibrant nightlife and plenty of attractions to explore. It is home to some of the world’s tallest skyscrapers, as well as a variety of:
- Luxurious shopping malls
- Beautiful beaches
- Lush gardens
- Michelin-starred restaurants
- Various cultural activities and events
The city is known for its opulent lifestyle and luxury hotels, as well as its warm climate and stunning desert landscapes. It’s an incredibly popular tourist destination for people all around the globe.
One of the best perks of Dubai is that you do not have to be a citizen to drive legally. This is great news for tourists, temporary travellers, and new residents. All you need to hit the road is to be an adult over the age of eighteen and possess an international driving licence, and you’re good to go!
It’s vital to remember that wherever you are in the world, part of being a safe and responsible driver is following all the rules and regulations of the road and promptly resolving any fines or issues relating to your car or licence.
5 Ways to Pay Your Traffic Fines in Dubai
Should you have any fines or penalties while driving in Dubai, don’t fret. When it comes to taking care of your traffic fines, you have several options! Here are five different ways to pay your traffic fines while you’re in Dubai.
The Dubai Traffic Department
The first option for paying your fines is to visit the Dubai Traffic Department. While this method can take longer, you may find it easier than doing it online, especially since there will be police available to help you.
Visit the nearest office and inquire about any fines or penalties that may be listed under your name. Bring your details with you to ensure a smooth process. Ask any additional questions you may have to the customer representative, who can help you complete the payment of any applicable penalties.
The Dubai Ministry of Interior (MOI) App
Another convenient way to pay that can be done is via the Dubai MOI’s online app. Created by the Dubai government, this app lets you stay up-to-date with current traffic laws and pay your fines conveniently.
To use it, simply download the app from your store, create an account using your name and other relevant info, and search for ‘Traffic fine payment’ within the app. You can use either your traffic code number, licence number, or Emirates ID (depending on what is applicable) to find what you need. The MOI app also displays discounted rates (if they apply) to your fines before you make payment by clicking the ‘tap’ button.
The Dubai Police Website
You can also search for your traffic fines on the Dubai Police website. Once you’ve accessed their website, find their ‘Services’ tab and then navigate to the ‘Traffic Fines’ section. You’ll need some personal information, including:
- Licence number
- Plate number
- Traffic file number
- Fine number
Once you have entered all relevant information, you can then make your payment(s) using either a debit or credit card. You can also use this portal to track your fines, permits, and vehicle report status, all completely free of charge.
The Road and Transport Authority (RTA) Website
The RTA website is also a great way to pay traffic fines in Dubai online. Their website and featured app are simple and efficient to navigate. To pay your fees with this particular method:
- Download the RTA app from your app store and register for any necessary accounts. Make sure you have all the important information that you need with you while doing this!
- Locate the fines section and search for your fines or offence(s). Enter all the required personal details you’re asked to, like your vehicle details or Emirates ID.
- Select your preferred payment mode, such as a credit or debit card or online banking transaction.
- Be sure to check for a confirmation notification! After a successful payment, you should receive an official message from the RTA confirming your payment. Verify your payment information or contact the Dubai Roads and Transport Authority if you haven’t already.
The Emirate Vehicle Gate (EVG) App
Like the RTA app and website, the Emirate Vehicle Gate App provides yet another way to pay your Dubai traffic fees on the go. To get your fines resolved, follow these simple steps:
- Download the EVG app and look for the Home tab in the top left corner. Under the Home tab, you will find a section for traffic fines.
- Enter your vehicle plate number, licence number, or traffic code to access your fines.
- Pay your pending fines using a credit card, debit card, or online banking.
- Wait to receive a transaction receipt via text message on your mobile phone. Once you’ve received your confirmation receipt, be sure to keep a copy as well for your future records.
The Importance of Paying Traffic Fines in Dubai
There are many different methods of paying your necessary traffic fees, including:
- The Dubai Police Website
- The Road and Transport Authority (RTA) Website
- The Dubai Traffic Department
- The Emirate Vehicle Gate (EVG) App
- The Dubai Ministry of Interior (MOI) App
Whatever method you choose, it is crucial that you pay all fines promptly and in full. If you fail to pay your fines, the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) may suspend or revoke your driving licence. If you’re a traveller or tourist, you may even be prevented from leaving the United Arab Emirates. In Dubai, all traffic fines must be paid within 15 days, or else an extra charge will be imposed. If you find yourself in a situation where you’re unable to pay your traffic fines, there are sometimes discounts available, or you may be able to pay in instalments.